Intercultural trainings “German leadership styles and manners” for the German-Danish Chamber in Copenhagen
On 13.05., 20.05. and 27.05.2020 Friederike Krause conducted online workshops on the topic “German leadership styles and manners” on behalf of the German-Danish Chamber. The aim was to prepare Danish companies for an engagement in Germany and to give them an understanding of German cultural norms.
The following thematic priorities were set:
I INTRODUCTION AND PREPARATION
- What do you expect in this workshop
II CULTURE GENERAL PART
- Objective approach and subjective reality
- What is German and what is not? Does that even exist?
- Culture – Business culture – German business culture: The attempt to explain the inexplicable.
- The nice Dane?
- Germany a foreign culture? – The subtle difference
III INTERPRETATION AIDS AND CULTURAL STANDARDS
- Freedom – Individuality – Homogeneity
- Trust and rules
- Hierarchy Structures
- The official channel
- Culture of discussion and debate
- Family and leisure
- German women in leadership positions
- Serenity or laziness? World champion in stress or work love?
- Small talk
- Language – German or English?
- Nonverbal, paraverbal, and extraverbal communication
IV Working on a case study
The feedback on the training was consistently positive. If you are interested in conducting a similar training in your organization or company, please contact email@example.com.